View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 01:31 PM
Server GM

Hello,

The recent call that involved DiogenesThaDogg never felt 100% right to me, a lot of arguments could be made for FTE or campable. I compared VT/VD to Hadden and SF, but Llandris made a very compelling argument which I'll list below.

I brought the topic up with other Senior Staff and we combed through countless past calls relating to these two spawns. The overwhelming majority is that it's FTE, not campable.

I put non-raid, single target, no PH spawns into two categories.

1. Campable, but must keep guards clear.
Sir Lucan
Drusella Sathir

2. Campable, but must get FTE within a reasonable amount of time.
Hadden
Stormfeather

I originally put VT/VD into this category but because they are generally killed with 2+ players, this makes it really hard.

Quote:
Llandris: A player "camping" must have friends with characters camped near by or get players
mobilized to this remote zone pretty quickly. Or if it was a solo, a skilled enchanter would have to abandon the camp to grab a pet.
As we see it this goes against the "stalling" or "kill within a reasonable amount of time" guideline we
have stated countless times for other camps. So I can understand the confusion among players(and staff apparently).

So, we're making this official. A third category.

3. FTE, let the race begin.
Verina Tomb
Vessel Drozlin

I'll see if I can talk Nilbog/Rogean into putting a FTE emote on these two mobs which would make it pretty clear what kind of encounter this is and stop any confusion that may come up in the future.

I apologize for any confusion I may have caused, but going forward you have this post to go on as a concrete guideline backed up by the Server GM and other Senior Staff.

If anyone has shared the screenshot that DiogeneThaDogg has posted, please remove it or edit the
post stating the call has been reversed.