View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 12:32 PM
Fire Giant

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carkle Jackson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stem... Wow! I am so glad you posted! I am a little in shock. I always thought you would hate me for what I did to Knights. I am proud of <Anonymous> (although I deserve very little credit their success) but I have always felt bad for my hand in changing and then killing your creation. It doesn't sound like you hate me for that like I had feared. In fact, you seem to still like me. I can't tell you how happy that makes me.

Please let me know if you're ever in game. Come level an alt with me. I enjoy spending time with you.
Yea, my brother has started to play again so I was going to act as his support on occasion, and it gives me a reason to revisit the old nostalgic places. Beyond that I don't have many plans. We'll see if I start playing some again, perhaps once I change jobs.. interviewing and talking to recruiters is taking all of my time right now.

As far as hate or like, I have no ill-feelings toward anyone and never did. My primary emotion throughout the whole process was guilt at not dedicating the time required to the guild I was responsible for. But yeah, it all came out pretty positive with the spawning of new guilds and new goals.

Look for me online in the next few weeks, I'll likely leave Stembolt idling a lot in-game starting this weekend. My character list is in my sig but I typically sit on Stembolt until someone requests one of my other chars or depending on what I feel like doing. My current feeling when I logon is just an overwhelming confusion with how little I know about Velious and what to do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An elegant guild for a more civilised age. Not as clumsy or random as a Zerg.
If I may paraphrase Roland the gunslinger I would inject, "But that was before.. since then the world had moved on."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thugnuts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be me in 2012.

Create first P99 character.

Yay imma Gnome!

Stembolt sitting at the Steamfont rings.

Less than five minutes on the server, instant invite to KWSN.

Still rocking the tag today on that character.

Once KWSN collapsed, P99 plunged into a Dark Age from which it has never recovered.
I never got tired of helping and surprising new players with some starting plat and an open dialogue of question-answering. I was probably a lot of player's "first friend" just because of how much time I spent going around new player areas and seeing how people were outfitted and if they were having a good time. I was like the guy at a party going around and making sure everyone is having fun, except the party was the whole server.. needless to say that is a lot of work and how I overwhelmed myself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]