View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Translation: I like to ignore things that don't fit my argument. It makes it a lot easier to hold to my impossible argument that way.
No, that's exactly what you're doing. Get some logic and perspective, seriously. All you're doing is futilely trying to argue against something that was 100% classic, and deeply part of the game (as compared to something more trivial like the direction of OOT boats), just because you don't like the sound of it. Posting that link was such a vacuous attempt at an argument, as most of the "non classic" items are that way specifically because it's impossible for them to code it or manage it as such.

The current raid rules and PnP on P99 would be your best argument, but that also doesn't mean those things can't be changed. It's entirely possible the devs weren't even aware of the specifics of the Classic PnP for a long time. If they were, then maybe they wouldn't have changed the Seafuries as they did, and instead declared the area FFA (a far better and more classic approach).

As has already been discussed, the Classic pre-PnP era requires less GM intervention. Kill stealing simply does not exist, unless it's extreme harassment (stalking someone around everywhere they go and directly trying to interfere with everything they can possibly do). Therefore, GM's don't have to deal with it. The classic era PnP doesn't require any extra time spent either, and is better for the economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can go experience your anarchist paradise on live Everquest servers right now and repeatedly get your shit pushed in by a boxed mage army
Current live is hardly classic EQ environment. And there is no boxing allowed on P99 either. And if it did play Live EQ, there would be a multitude of places I could go, away from whatever spot the boxed mage army is playing in.

And, LOL, exact classic era EQ is not even a game I want to play! This is *entirely* about the actual facts of classic EQ, not about the exact server I would create as my ideal possible game. It's irrelevant that I prefer certain aspects of Classic EQ to what they are now. There are also things I don't prefer, yet have to accept, within this realm of discussion. In the end all that matters is accurate history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
forcing noob players wearing cloth armor and a club* to dps race super twinks at orc 1 is a really stupid idea.
Another fallacy, as there's no such thing as supertwinks when a server launches. Beyond that, there's far more places to fight than orc 1. This is a description of players being unadventurous and whining about their own tunnel-vision. Butcherblock and Steamfont are better starting areas than G-Fay, they have naturally lesser populations on top of it, and require very little travel time to reach.