View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rule of thumb, mobs with high ac and high HP, using 1 handers and hitting fast is better, mobs with low ac and low hp u can blow up with 2 hander.
That rule of thumb is now totally and completely obsolete.

A 35 delay 2hander now applies a damage bonus of 31 every 3.5 seconds (8.86 dmg per second in damage bonus)

If you had a 17 delay 1hander you're applying 11 dmg bonus per 1.7 seconds (6.47 dmg per second in damage bonus)

Haste in this instance is irrelevant as it works for both near equally whether at 0% haste or 100% haste. 2handers now actually put out more total damage bonus than the very fastest 1hander's out there. You would need a mainhand base delay of 12 to beat out a 35 delay 2hander. A mainhand base delay of 13 still loses to 35 delay for the strict purposes of damage bonus application.

Point is? On high ac mobs 2handers will generate more damage bonus than any 1handers in existence. This completely up-ends the oldschool approach of fast primary on high ac mobs like AoW and the like. A rocking endgame BiS duel wield setup will still be rockin dps, but more readily attainable raid 2handers (excluding Abashi which is better) will now be extremely competitive if not possibly better than gharns/other.

My Tstaff at 29/30 is now completely destroying my epic/SoM combo on both trash xp mobs and high ac raid mobs. It used to be that epic/SoM was roughly equivalent to slightly better on trash xp mobs and significantly better on high ac mobs. TStaff applies 29 dmg every 3 seconds (9.66 dmg per second). Epic fist applies 11dmg per 1.6 seconds (6.875 dmg per second). Other and much more cheap IFS applies 34 dmg per 4 seconds (8.5dmg per second).

The tables have turned. It’s doubtful I’ll ever use epic fist for dps moving forward unless I need to push. Mainhand 1hander dmg bonus is flatly inferior to 2hander. Weapon ratio is ultimately of supreme importance but given comparable balanced ratios 2handers have that edge.

All of this ignores the fact that triple attack shifts the scales even further in favor of 2handers for reasons that should be obvious to us all.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 09-10-2019 at 12:35 AM..