View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 05:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can anybody that has played from the beginning tell me how bad the playing experience is with 100s of players in the low level zones? I have been on P99 on and off for 5 years now, enjoy the nostalgic feelings and population of zones. Will there is "unplayability" trying to get out of the gate or will it be not so bad? I am envisioning zones like Unrest and Oasis being 50+ players at primetime, which sounds cool at first but nightmarish at the same time, perhaps it will require people to delve out of those zones into other zones to XP, there is plenty of places with decent ZEM and mob counts to play in the 10-30.

I'm excited to try something fresh seeing as I didn't start P99 until 1/2 way thru its lifespan. Looking forward to trying.
You'll probably want to be either ahead of, or behind, the curve. The first few weeks are going to be an absolute nightmare, fighting over every skeleton and orc, until people start to spread out. You can probably expect to be on a waiting list before every group you join for quite some time.

Still, it'll be a lot of fun. Just embrace the chaos.