View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 10:16 AM
Fire Giant

How I see it, there are a few things going on here:
1) Server population changes are impacting (changes in) game play. Blue is far more quieter than normal and finding a group is more difficult than it used to be. Green is excessively busy, which is to be expected, but insinuating that camping a single spawn is the way the game was meant to be played is a bit of a stretch
2) The competition on Green may be bringing out some toxic behaviour (the demeanour of some of the comments here, and what I've read elsewhere, gives direction to that)
3) What will happen with server populations long term? Well, we'll find out soon enough. Personally, I think Green will level out (lower than what it is now) and Blue will likely return to a level near to what it was, but not as much
4) If Blue was just a test server, why not get rid of it? Is Green just a test server for the next progression server/GreenV2?

Personally, I'm used to playing offpeak due to my geographical location; it has always been difficult for me and likely will continue to be difficult. I play different characters that suit a) the playtime, b) population (if I need to find a group), and c) what interests me at the time. Leveling my warrior is a lot more difficult than the necro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There are people who decided to stay on Blue. Perhaps due to the quality of life improvements or the time invested. Others want to try Green, or never played EQ back when it launched, and perhaps were ex-Blue players who came back. I think it will be interesting to take a look back at this thread in a couple of months time. All the same, the game is still fun (and sometimes a break is needed, heck, I've been doing it on and off since the early days of P99).

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51