View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

People think the /list is a "sign up, line up, come get your soloable item"

but it was supposed to be a way to enforce keeping order among people camping it
Look at this shithead.

How do you think camps work in EQ? Are you even familiar with this game? The list was created to minimize CSR work surrounding these shitshow legacy item camps.

Period.

The list was not created to force people to group together to camp rare items for players who normally wouldn't be able to hold the camp.

The list system is broken because Rogean surprisingly did not anticipate the depths that the neckbeards of P99 are willing to sink to.

If people show up to /list for an item and find a rogue or whatever just sitting there with all the mobs up then the rogue should be removed from the list. There is no way in hell that it makes any sense for the newcomers to have to farm the item for the rogue just because he was there first.

If the list was not in place and this same scenario took place, the rogue would lose his "camp" because he wasn't actually camping anything. The list needs to be tweaked for sure.

Now, if I showed up to a /list camp and there was some stranger just sitting there waiting for me to kill the PH for them because they can't do it themself? I would just leave or log out. I wouldn't care enough to try to wait them out but I certainly wouldn't camp the item for them. Here's another thing too: I would never even consider showing up to a /list camp if I was not capable of soloing it. It would never cross my mind to just go to a /list camp and wait for people to show up and clear it for me. I think that is much more despicable behavior than the people who refuse to help them to keep the list moving.

There is a huge difference from live back in classic and P99 now. The difference is that there is a massive amount of entitlement NOW. Funny since I would think that people would have been more entitled back when they were paying a monthly subscription.

The whining will continue no matter what happens but I would like to see some fair changes made to the list system to cut down on the amount of leeches who think they can just show up and /AFK their way to a legacy item.
Last edited by ZiggyTheMuss; 11-26-2019 at 06:54 PM..