Thread: Game Mechanics: Proc Rates
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 01:00 AM
Sarnak

I've spoken with multiple people tonight who tell me that at some point during either Velious or Luclin (Luclin seems most probable) there was a stealth nerf which resulted in a significant proc rate decrease. I have searched through all the patch note updates from 1 week before Velious was released to a month after Planes of Power was released, using a text search for 'Proc', and haven't been able to find anything relevant.

Multiple people tell me, however, that this nerf resulted in them quitting their tank and re-rolling as a caster class.

If this is in fact the case, it would be inaccurate, and futuristic, to have p99 proc rates match proc rates as they were in 2004 or 2005, at a time when Gates of Discord, Omens of War, or Depths of Darkhollow was the latest expansion.

I'm now going to try and find reliable evidence of a proc rate nerf during Velious, Luclin, or even PoP, which wasn't announced in a patch update. I'll post back here later with what I find. But at any rate, playing a warrior properly and competently on p99 at current is next to impossible.