View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s the point of recreating Classic EQ if it doesn’t make people happy? Granted we all play at his mercy, but his quote just seems counter intuitive. What if the entire P99 community asked him to change the way ZEM’s work in the game? Would he do it because a massive majority asked for this change, or would he not because “it’s not classic” ?
Well the funny thing about that is, Nilbog purposefully makes some ZEMs unclassic here: it's a fairly unique example of him prioritizing classic environment (ie. players not knowing exact ZEMs) over classic mechanics.

So ironically, while I don't know about the whole server, there's a decent number of us who want classic ZEMs ... and it's Nilbog, of all people, standing in the way of them.

But like Ziggy said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because it’s not about what you want, it’s about what Nilbog wants.
When I put in the decade or so of effort to build a well-run server, then I'll have a leg to stand on. But until then ... Nilbog gets virtually nothing out of the thousands and thousands of hours he's devoted to letting all of us have near-classic emulated fun.

If getting to have "unclassic but classically mysterious" ZEMs on his server floats his boat, more power to him. I'll just, respectfully, keep trying to change his mind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.