View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 02:04 AM
Planar Protector

Also matters--defacto, if not dejure--if a guide/GM happens to be online. None on and someone trains you out of a camp? Doesn't matter who's it was or who's right or wrong; you've got no recourse within the rules. Sure you can petition but fat lot of good that does if nobody's there to read it when you need it. Maybe the other person (who trained you) might get suspended later but even if so, a) you'll usually never hear about it, and b) it doesn't help your plans for the day anyway. That's one of the inevitable drawbacks of having volunteer-based management, lots of gaps in coverage. Comes with the territory.

-----------------------------------------------

I only very rarely ask for camp checks anymore; I prefer to directly check stuff myself. I'm long since tired of people claiming camps they aren't at, aren't clearing, and may not even ever reach. This happens quite often; I've seen it just this month where a group repeatedly claimed a camp but over the course of more than two hours never actually reached it at all before leaving. Experienced players are well aware that merely claiming a camp in /ooc will drive away a fair portion of the competition who may not be able to check for themselves. On the flip side, plenty of people don't bother responding to camp checks at all or might be AFK between spawn cycles, so quite often you'll clear to a seemingly-open camp just to find someone there anyway. Always best to check directly and be sure if you have the option to do so.

Danth