View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feracitus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so i was able to create the shortcut like this by substituting with my path, but when i try to launch i get an error: "there was an error launching this application" (that's a translation from my native language)

i also tried making a launcher following the tutorial on https://superuser.com/questions/1219...-mint-18-or-up, but that didnt work either.

I did name it EQ.Desktop, didnt work, and i'm noob to the point i don't really know what +x means.
"+x" is UNIX-speak for "add executable permissions to the file". UNIX controls which users on your computer can access which files in three ways: it can let a use read (R), write (ie modify; W), or execute (ie. run; X) that file.

When you right-click on the file and choose properties, or at the command line by using the "chmod" command, you can change which permissions a user has on a file. When you do it at the command line, you use pluses and minuses to add/remove permissions. For instance "chmod a+x foo.file" would give ("+") execute ("x") permissions to all ("a") users on foo.file.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.