View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 08:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyrkoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It says spawn time 1 day, which seems to contradict himself when he says 72 hrs
It really should say Spawn Time: Special since the mechanics for his spawn are different than most other mobs. He describes that the 10 spots and says that each spawn point has a 30% chance to spawn the Magi. I think on P99 the rate of his spawn is lower that 30% in each spawn location, possibly 10% (since there are 10 different minis that can spawn there). So, I think you are correct that his spawn rate is lower than in period, but the research does not indicate a straight 1 day spawn.
Quote:
but he has a very good chance of being up because he has about a 30% chance of spawning in 10 spots
In actuality the spawn rate could be many times in 1 day if the 10 spots are staggered in the spawn time.
Quote:
This explains why he can spawn a ton in a few hours, or can sometimes never spawn even if hate is cleared completely.
This indicates to me that the Magi is far more likely to spawn than the other 9 minis. Or it is possible that a few of the other minis also have a higher rate than some of the filler placeholders. However, since the walk through is about the mage epic, he only catalogs the Magi.