View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 05:52 PM
Kobold

yes. I have a 51 bard who has melee'd his way up. I'm stuck gold farming at the moment for my next upgrade, but i can tell you that being at the haste cap makes up for no double attack. I'm sure i have better str than a human tank would normally have (235 with the right song), though not up to ogre warr standards by any means.
Not having block/parry/riposte seems to be more than made up by the slow song.
My twink level: 34% haste belt, fungy, 2 10/18 weapons. everything else is ac/hp/str, basically a 500plat/slot build except for fungi and weapons. oh, and lute of the howler str stacks with your song str. yay! my 10/18 main hand maxes at 59 dmg at lev 51.
Fungi + lute + 2 heal songs make downtime lower than anything I've ever played, though i've not twinked a monk yet.
RNG kicking your ass? fear, or kite.
I compared 3 options for killing a blue HG at 50: melee, with 4 songs (haste, slow, 2 dots), drum (walrus) with 3 dots + slow in tank mode (to do full dot dmg), drum with 3 dots and slow in kite mode. Melee was about 15 seconds /kill shorter than drum tanking, same down time, 35 seconds shorter than drum kite, but with a 8 tic recovery average over 10 giants, before being ready for the next.
So go for it if you have a fungi. Probably can still do it without the fungi, maybe fear/snare/haste/dot for lower downtime.