View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 01:04 PM
Kobold

My Custom Content Pipe Dream

If I could wave a magic wand to have custom content appear, it would be to have more "chain" quests, like the shawl, ring, badge, but for every gear slot....gear you can upgrade by quest as you go along. With quest rewards useful on a per character basis, like the Benevolence reward for example.

The quests would be interesting, lore-filled, and for extra coolness would be devised such that if you repeated the questline with another character, you would get a slightly different experience/adventure. Meaning, the Troll SK quests for the "Cloak of Customness" would be somewhat different (in flavour text and/or mechanics) to the Woodelf druid quests but for a similar quality of item.

And finally, my pipedream custom quest scales with level, so that you can start these quests at very low level, and hunt orc pawns for the first step of the quest, but if you start the quest at level 50, you get the drops you need somewhere level appropriate instead. The point being - a benefit for starting the questlines with a new character, and stopping level 50s disrupting lower levels by farming green mobs for their version of the quest.