View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A couple things to add. First, no one mentions how tedious all this is. Like, yes you can Torpor/Cann back from 0 mana to full in a few minutes ... but that's a few minutes of pressing Cann and your insta-click refresher over, and over, and over again (with intermittent Torpor casts). As powerful as it is, don't think it's glamorous (my kingdom for Cann V [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

And second, one other thing about "Trolls save a whopping two minutes on Torpors per hour". Look, if you told me I could save two minutes an hour while XPing I'd be tripping over myself to buy whatever you're selling. But at 60 you don't grind, you farm, and whether that's in a group or solo it's not about optimum efficiency, it's just about having enough to get the job done.
Lol I agree, Torporing from low HP and Mana is quite tedious. I still like it though. More interesting than sitting down and going AFK for 10 minutes.

I also agree that saving 2 minutes per hour is much more important when you are XPing to 60. I got Shawl 7 at level 52 to get an additional 600 mana per hour. Pre-Torpor, any HP/Mana regen you can get will increase your efficiency significantly.

The reason why saving 2 minutes becomes less useful with Torpor is because Torpor makes you the most efficient class in the game at regenerating HP and Mana, by a large margin. The only exception may be a cleric Complete Healing themselves with Manastone, but that is limited to the zones in which Manastone works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
loramin did you respond to this but delete it cause I deleted it? LOL. Sorry. I wanted to refresh my memory on ticks to not waste someone else's time but still found no resolution to the quandry.

Anyway the post:

Where are people getting this 4-5 torpor ticks from? I know i see it on the wiki, but that's not how it should work. Either it should wait for the first tick, and then give you all the ticks eventually or if p99 is simply using seconds duration for the spell and then only giving health on spell duration which overlap with the server ticks, then you'd never get 5 ticks either as you'd have to land the spell the exact moment a tick was happening just to get 4 ticks(which would mean you'd virtually never get 4 ticks either).

So how is this 5 ticks allegedly happening on p99?
I have seen Torpor give me 1500 HP back. It is a thing that happens, and it is not consistent. It depends on when you cast Torpor. I have no idea if this is "classic" or not. I haven't tried to game the system to make it consistent, either. It would be way too much effort, and when you are fighting a hard monster, you don't always have the luxury of waiting to Torpor.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-12-2020 at 11:40 PM..