View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 01:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd call that being a decent person who isn't about to be railroaded by nerds. The advice everywhere else is don't fight back, just petition and wait. Fuck that. If someone is going to try to bully you out of something do it right back and tell them to get fucked.
I've noticed this mentality on P99, and it's one of the reasons I'm so vocal. Like people are so scared to call toxic players out because they're afraid of being attacked for it. I remember EverQuest 20 years ago where players enforced and regulated server rules and etiquette, and it's a large part of what made EverQuest amazing (your reputation actually mattered a lot compared to modern MMOs). Now we have PNP, toxic players, and zerg guilds that have made a lot of that irrelevant unfortunately.

Additionally a lot of these nerds have this mentality that if you aren't a complete push-over then you're obviously an asshole or jerk. These nerds have no idea that part of being a genuinely nice person is standing up for what you believe in and standing your ground and not being a passive-aggressive little bitch who whines in /tells while pretending to like the people who treat them like garbage 24/7.