View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoggren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I live in the actual city, so I see this violence first hand, and this is where cops excel. I have officers in my family and I've even done a few shift rides, which are super fucking fun. I think what bothers me most about suburban people is that they think the entire city is a battleground with stray bullets flying everywhere. They also don't really understand what defunding the police really means. Police are used as resources that other types of professionals can fill. Police overtime eats up city budgets, and they can pull police away from essential duties such as catching violent criminals. Although some cops are racist, the vast majority are not, they just operate in a system designed to be racist. This is why people are in the streets, they want policy change and corrective action. Throwing more police at the problem will only exacerbate it. If you look at police tactics since the 60's and up with crime stats and how they are utilized and politicized, and add poor black neighborhoods to the mix, and how bad cops want to police "beyond the ticket" I think you would see we need an adjustment. It's not the end of the world. I also think police officers should be required to have more education then they do, even if the government would foot the bill. I also support high salaries for policemen because they do a difficult job, and it also deters the entrepreneurialism found in lesser developed countries with poorly paid police forces. I think its saved us from a culture of bakshi.
Good post dude, but can you try to use some punctuation, its a giant run on sentence.

Also palm beach county sheriff requires a 2 year degree, boca raton police department now requires a bachelors

Broward county sheriff still requires just a high school diploma or equivalent