View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 07:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You had a longer than normal camp at Drelzna /list. You had a nice experience in OOT. You don't like clicking AFK boxes. Well... sounds like we need to do away with lists - the overwhelming evidence says so.

If the list is 100+ and you "rarely have to message more than a a few people" to get to the next person, that sounds like a really long list.

I wrote a whole thread on why items with a lot of interest that don't use the /list function blow up and make it take longer for everyone. See here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=368086

If there is no cost to being on the /list, you will have more people on the list. When the cost of any good goes down, demand goes up. Pretty straight-forward.

You're also comparing a time when fewer people had jboots: there is always a premium cost to get items earlier. Now you can do OOT or Sro. There's no comparison. The vast majority of main toons in raiding guilds have jboots, and even some with jboots on a few alts. Demand is lower now.

We have to look at the topic holistically, not one just one person's anecdote. Player-held listens are burdensome, prone to "error", and will always be larger than a /list that requires you to be there proving you're not AFK.
Bullshit.

First, I didn’t have a nicer than average experience in OoT. I got skipped twice (shit happens, had to work) and a nce I got the camp I spent longer than average there. It was still mlles better than the Najena camp.

Also the idea that demand for boots has dropped is nonsense too. Jboots MQ hasn’t dropped in price, every alt needs one too.

And it’s not just one person’s anecdote, average time spent camping Najena Jboots was likely around 20-25 hours. AC is a sign up and forget list until you get high up and start keeing an eye on it. Only hassle is having to be bound there for a couple of weeks. It’s a MUCH higher quality of life camp than any /list camp ever was.

Thank you Kingdom for setting the list up!