View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Hi Folks - For anyone new to this specific pack let me say my experience first day using.

1.) I previously had used class HD for the improved character facial models and armor/weapon textures and love it.

2.) I downloaded and installed this, logged in, and immediately realized my Armor/face textures had reverted.

3.) Reinstalled those textures(2 files) and it looked great again for character armor/weapon etc.

4.) This makes the ground, building walls, objects have much more sharpened and clear appearance, does not feel alien, just better. Im using the HIGH RES pack and am not experiencing load increases between zones more than maybe 1 second.(i have a 2018 or newer SSD samsung, high performance CPU/GPU).

5.) Some objects DO look objectively different. Druid circles look different but higher res. I don't dislike it, but they 'feel' different. that is NOT the case with the terrain which gives off a warmer more natural feel you can tell is what the eq devs were going for.

Thats all, coffee hasn't kicked in will probably edit and clean up this post later.