View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you do that, anyway? I mean, mechanically. I'm physically incapable of sounding like a woman even if I wanted to. Starting from my usual low baritone/high bass voice the highest I can manage to croak out is still not particularly high-pitched nor feminine sounding. I've always assumed that guys who manage to do that probably started out with somewhat more womanly-sounding voices to begin with but is there something more?

Danth
It's not to bad. Google male to female voice feminization (or just voice feminization probably lol, the male to female bit is probably redundant). And click on the video tab. I feel like what stops most people is:

For some it limits the range of their voice so they don't sound all that great.

It takes a lot of exercise. Kind of like bench pressing. You have to keep up with it and develop the strength. It's not something that just happens without practice and easing into it.

Most people are in the average area though and we have a larger range and capability than we realize.

Mechanically, it's just making the throat smaller and the larynx higher, and resonating off different parts of our jaw/skull. And using different vowel and consonant? sounds. In english males and females trend towards different sounds. So a male "ahhh" is different a bit from a female "ahhh". And I guess as kids we train ourselves to mimick our parents? Depending on our sex, usually? Theorycrafting on that last bit. So, there's this little flap inside there too which singers control more voluntarily, but we kind of subconsciously close or open, which allows sound up into the nasal cavity, etc. But that stuff is just getting picky. It's mostly in the throat. Throat size. Airway size. And were our vocal cords feel comfortable.

I have a passable voice, but I never really 'fine tuned it to be hyperfemine' some people go so far as to change their accent lol. I think I picked up a heavy mixture as a kid of how I learned to talk.

Probably the coolest thing for me which took some effort is being able to spontaneously laugh like a girl.

There's probably a few people that will struggle to maintain a 220? hz range and sound natural. It's not something absolutely everyone could do.

I had a few videos saved at one point which was kind of a private playlist, I never wanted to share them publicly with p99 cuz god, what if all these dudes started sounding like girls omg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (sourcasms)
Last edited by magnetaress; 11-10-2020 at 12:00 PM..