View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogre FSI is useless to raiding ones. The best shaman race is based on what situation you’re encountering. Ogres are no doubt the best solo shaman at 60. Iksars are likely the best raiding shaman. But a lot of people tend to say troll is the best overall because you get the regen benefit for raids and also the snare clicky for solo play, as well as jbb. The debate will never end ��
As I mention in my guide, FSI is not useless at all in raid situations. It could allow you to finish casting a slow while a mob is agroed on you. It also maximizes your chances of procing https://wiki.project1999.com/Di%60zok_Oracle_Shillelagh while a mob is agroed on you. This is useful any time you are needed to slow something, which is one of your primary jobs.

Troll/Iksar rengeration is useful in some AoE fights like Lord Feshlak. This is because his AoE can't be avoided. But it isn't really useful in raids past that. This is because most of the time in a raid you are Torporing out of danger. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HjZxMlJSCDc This video shows how quckly a Torpor Shaman can go from Low HP and Mana to full. In the 3 minutes 48 seconds of this video, a Troll/Iksar would only get around 300 HP, which is 1/4 or 1/5 of a Torpor. That extra regen would save you less than 30 seconds, which wouldn't matter at all in a raid. Or you are getting your face smashed in by a mob, which typically means death in a minute or less. A Troll/Iksar would get 80 HP at best during that minute, which isn't going to do much against a mob swinging for 500+ damage.

EDIT: As for the snare neck, I have a few videos on my channel showing how weak clinging darkness is, and honestly how rarely you need to use snare as a Shaman. If you do need snare on a rare situation, there are other items all Shaman races can use to cast snare. So the snare neck really isn't a big deal.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-25-2020 at 12:07 PM..