Thread: Best solo melee
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
between SK and paladin, who can actually fight through a dungeon better? I am interested in playing an SK but my paladin right now does pretty well with lull, root, heals, and stuns to deal with those pesky casters.

i get that an SK with invis and FD available can move thru a dungeon better, but they cant deal with adds, and since they're mostly face tanking in most dungeons, downtime is probably too slow to actually fight thru a dungeon from entrance to wherever. I'd also imagine FD splitting isn't always feasible.

I'd like a melee class that can actually fight her way thru a dungeon rather than just be good at evading or FDing your way thru it. Is paladin a good pick for this?
SK can dungeon crawl just fine. FD works quite well. Not sure why you think SKs can't deal with adds. They just FD to get a mob solo. Then you don't need to worry about keeping adds rooted.

You would also be suprised at how many places you can fear kite in a dungeon. You just need to use your low level short duration fear with a high level snare so the mob doesn't wander too far. You basically just rubber band the mob with the short fear in a safeish hallway. And FD is there in case you screw up, so you have plenty of opportunities to learn the pathing and safe areas.

SKs can recover pretty quickly as well once they get a lot of clickies, proc weapons, and flowing thought I and II.