Thread: Game Mechanics: ST Post Kerafym Changes
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

I just finished crawling the Vault Network boards and there is a thread on ST as it was around November 2001.

http://web.archive.org/web/200405061...4/19085802/p9/

http://web.archive.org/web/200406200...4/19085802/p10

Quote:
Date Posted: 11/20/01 8:10am

For the short bus rider that mentioned CTV being in Sleeper's yesterday, read the posts from The-King and substitute your name.

But for the rest of those curious, we were there to see for ourselves how the zone changed. With all the contradictory posts on various boards regarding what does drop, what doesn't, how the mobs are changed, etc, we wanted to see for ourselves so we could at least talk from experience about the issue. And you will probably see us back there again to see if what we saw the first time was a fluke, or the norm.

That said, we cleared all the Sentries from the zone-in to the area around the MToG and the Prog, including all the spawns inside the Prog room (basically everything from zone-in to the doors leading to the Library). We then COH'd down and took out the FA. For the effort:

MToG = 1 Primal Warsword
Prog = 1 Primal Brawlstick
FA = 1 Primal Hammer

I think there was also 1 Priceless drop from a sentry, but wasn't uncommon before the release.

As for the fights, from what I saw, the Golems are unchanged. MToG was still MR, and the FA fight seemed to take about as long is it did before. He *might* have had a few less HP, but overall I would say the encounter is basically the same.

Draxt:

You used an aweful lot of words to completely miss the point of why people would consider it a selfish act. Its not always about loot, yet you keep focusing on that aspect. Thats not the reason a lot of people are disappointed.

The real issue is that you have deprived other guilds and players a chance to experience an exciting aspect of the game, and you didn't have to.

No one on our server, outside of some of your members, and some of ours, will ever get to shout to the zone and cheer over their guildsay as they kill the first 3 warders for the first. They won't have that sense of excitment and accomplishment. And don't come back with how easy you think the encounters are now unless not a single person in your guild expressed any excitement when the first warder fell for the first time for you. I don't care how easy we think it is, it was still something other guilds on the server were looking forward to doing on their own some day.

Whats ironic is that Kiny hits the nail on the head talking about Infinity Watch's excitement over killing Woushi for the first time, being happy for them and remembering the first time Valon killed her and what a fun time that was. Here you have a member expressing joy at seeing friends reach a goal they have been working for. That kind of sentiment is in direct contradiction to the arguments made by Valon members as to why they should release the sleeper not more than 2 posts later. Valon has removed that "step" from the ladder for any other guild on the server. And again, you didn't have to.

You still could have gotten the notch on your bedpost by killing Venti and knowing that you *could* have released the Sleeper, but not done it. And thats the question you keep dancing around, but can't answer. Why would Valon take it upon themselves to make this server wide decision, knowing that that action removed an aspect of the game without replacing an equal experience? Are you saying that the satisfaction of taking down a very difficult target wasn't enough?

And please, comments about how it would have cheapened the experience by not releasing the Sleeper is a very thin veil. You sure you want to hide behind that? Was it any less exciting killing Cazic Thule, or Yelinak, or Vyemm for the first time knowing that it respawn the next week? I hope not.

And no, CTV had no intention of releasing the Sleeper. There was a lot of talk about attempting the 4th Warder, but only on the condition that another Warder was up.
Last edited by Dolalin; 12-18-2020 at 12:57 PM..