View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It depends what else you have. A 19/24 1h is pretty low damage compared to a narandi or reaver. It’s prob close to the SK epic though and I see people soloing a lot with that. However the SK proc not only heals you quite a bit but adds 8.3dps to the white damage.

I have a Jeldorin and mostly just use it to tank with more than one group. Even with one proc a fight and the hps on it that’s a total of 237hps (if not stam capped). If you get multiple procs a fight on a slowed mob the hp replacement might be enough to eek out another second for CH to land or allow you to stay ahead of torp so spots can land. This is where a fungi can’t compare, 2.5 hps a second won’t likely be enough to keep you upright. It’s healer efficiency though. Likewise even at 2ppm a Jeldorin is twice the healer efficiency as a fungi, assuming your meleeing the entire time.

The more your own dps matters with anything hitting hard the more I favor a good 2h. Especially if I’m trying to solo something. Without a dex buff had the Jeldorin proc 9 times on a Freeport guard (so 10+ the fungi healing in the same time), I’ve had it proc no times on Faydedar. Thems the dice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Note: I know a lot of this is anecdotal. Procs are random. Even the sk example of 8.3dps is just while rolling, until the proc it does no healing or damage. Much of that is post-death of the mob. My gut has always just favored killing something faster when possible unless you are a substantial amount of the dps going into the target. A drolvarg hits for almost as hard as the proc heals so you better hope for a lot of those to go off if going toe-to-toe. If you have a ench pet doing 200dps your own 25 vs 45 (or whatever) won’t matter as much as surviving.
Very good points here. Jeldorin is basically just an Ebon Mace with a good proc. Ebon Mace is a good item, but it is not great by any means, and SKs will replace it at higher levels. The loss in DPS is a big factor to consider, because longer fights mean more HP lost. So you may end up losing more HP anyway, even if you get an average of 1 proc per minute. This may be even more noticeable on a Paladin, since their DPS is lower than an SKs, so losing DPS may be a bigger issue. Jeldorin is probably best used in groups, when the Tank's DPS isn't a major factor in kill speed. That way you can stay topped up more often, saving the healer mana.