View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope, channeling proven too successful from client decompile. Not to mention the multiple other evidence backed bugs people don't even want to talk about like mez mem blur.

Mez mem blur is a big one and people seem to hate it being brought up. You know how you can use level 4 mez to just step away from a mezzed mob and then wipe it and walk away? Yeah, that shouldn't be possible. You have to let mez break and then re-mez for it to wipe at which point in most dungeons the mob will be in range to re-aggro.

Mezzing already mezzed mobs to mem blur and walk away is not classic and proven so.

Also if a fight goes long and you use the level 4 mez multiple times that aggro stacks on the Enchanter and is not wiped away with recasts. Contributing to more difficult aggro management than exists on P99.

Ignoring the evidence and claiming it's made up feelings doesn't make it true. Feel free to browse all the linked evidence bug reports and classic era discussions on page 2 of this thread.

Yes, this was also tested by me and confirmed. You can just alt tab away from EQ to simulate lag and check your /loc as a mob hits you vs having game focused. You will see a massive difference in move distance.

However, people are acting like this means we should leave things as they are. Wait why was Bard AE and Chardok AE nerfed due to "technical limitations" if we're going to use that as an excuse to leave channeling alone?

Also regardless of that aspect channeling is also too successful on P99. Proven as mentioned above and linked on the second page of this thread.

Confirmed angry Enchanter? Where did you go? You've been here calling me an idiot, telling people to ignore me, saying all my evidence is made up and contradicted. I ask you to clarify on things like mez and pet HP and now you're off arguing with other people and ignoring me. Ok. I think it's pretty clear who is lying and making up bullshit to protect Enchanter.

I am personally responsible for the AE limit introduced on live to nerf Bard AE kiting because I wrote a paid article for a cheat site on how to walk underwater, use /circle, and other automation to level from 1-60 in a day. The day the article came out it was reposted on Sony forums and nerfed by end of day. Yes, it was a thing on live.

I will probably compile another list of all the evidence and issues with Enchanter to better define the power curve of charm through the classic era. From what I've seen there is more than enough solid technical proof, in era discussion, and existing precedent for nerfing abused/overpowered mechanics on P99 to make a very compelling argument.

Also for the record people act like I'm saying Enchanter should be a gimped worthless class. Only at the start of classic and especially at lower levels. P99 Enchanter in Velious era seems pretty accurate other than the channeling rate. There is a charm power curve that doesn't exist on P99 but did exist on live.

By the way earlier someone linked an Afterlife Bard thing, it actually says Bards are better than the other classes at charm and were able to charm planar gods before Verant figured out the loophole and nerfed it. Is everyone cool if Bards get to charm raid bosses like on live but Enchanters can't? That's totally cool right and we should leave it in game until the same time it was nerfed on live no matter how many Bards go into planes and solo clear the entire thing with some help, right?
100% accurate.

I was there. Thank you for your service.