View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 11:48 AM
Orc

I think this has been the constant nagging issue since round about 1999-2000 when larger monitors started to come out and games did not use any DPI aware GUI.

Like taking a minivan to the race track. The guy who designed the minivan didn't expect any one to do that and they might not have the best time t here.

Newer games are much more DPI aware and can scale accordingly. These older games ... not so much. My solution isn't a solution but more like adapting to the game. I have no problem playing in lower resolutions with black bars on my large screen TV. If I still had an old CRT I would probably use that for specific older games.

Sorry for the non-answer but I just feel like what your struggling with is what most of us older gamers have been struggling with for the better part of 2 decades. The game world can scale up and down with resolution just fine. But all the UI elements are fixed pixels so you need to be in the native resolution to read it and if you try to scale it up then it's going to be all fuzzy and unreadable.

I have not read Riiyans post yet using nvidia card , I'm just going to assume it wont work on linux anyways but I'll give it a shot too!. But in all honesty I happily play old games in old resolutions.