View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think that making the theoretical WizWar proc based is a good idea.

Melee DPS parses include proc damage and the calculation will be done and in the end you got a guy with procs for kinda no reason. If the procs are varied like slows and stuff then he will be OP. If they are too basic, they are kinda pointless.

I think sticking with PBAOE spells seems cool.

Base him off of Louie the Rune Soldier (my hero)

Battle Wizard the classic style honestly its extremely correct. Think of Gandald with Glamdring.

Also his PBAOE spells totally break charm no question about it. Hes kind of a suicider. But I want him to be able to actually tank. He should have less utility than SK and Paladin, Equal tanking, and same DPS as Ranger, but again less utility.

He trades utility for being even closer to a legitimate warrior.

Making him 2handed weapons only makes sense to me only because it distinguishes him from the other classes discussed here and limits his true tanking aggro generating compared to warrior with proccing 1handers and paladin and SK with aggro spells, and ranger again with powerful 1 handers.

The WizWar has very few if any direct targeted NPC spells. So Aggro generation will be his main weakness. He is tank strong but not great at aggro generation.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 04-14-2021 at 11:51 PM..