View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its especially great for kids etc who you dont want to stumble on to pr0n

Meh that just saves me awkward talks later.

Some things that haven't been mentioned yet. Be extra wary of public computers. God knows what the idiot before you did. This includes family computers used my multiple people. This is especially true if they also play on the server and the infection vector is something associated with community resources or otherwise aimed at p99. As an example, my wife uses the computer I'm on now. She tends to download any and everything that even mildly sparks her interest. That makes the computer she uses for that a very poor choice for playing. Scanning BEFORE logging into ANYthing is something I've done since we started sharing computers and i ran my first weekly scan.

Also any community resources or sites that ask for permission to do things to your computer should be told no. Wiki's and guide sights should not need permission to run scripts on your computer, if they ever do that's a huge red flag to gtfo that site. As real as silent install or sploit install malware and virsus threats are, far more often I see people who clicked yes to "Prz let our script faceroll your computer". Just like in real life, if they're asking for trust they shouldn't need to fulfill your interactive needs DON'T give it to them. Would you give your credit card to a stranger to prove you're not a robot / 18? Then why would you do that online? A good test is to mentally put "have credit card" wherever the action they're requesting is. If that makes you uncomfortable, click no.
Last edited by Dozey; 07-06-2011 at 12:03 PM..