View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

When it comes to "keeping it classic", Nilbog has a known bias towards things that make the game harder (for players) over things that make it easier.

As a simple example, when he discovered that there was a single quest that gave a bit too much XP (and had already been doing so for a decade on Blue) he immediately disabled quest experience for all quests, on both servers, for a month! I can only speculate, but I think his logic was that "helpful bugs" let people "cheat to get ahead", and so he reacts right away to any such bugs, to keep a level playing field.

But for something like this I don't think he feels any pressure to fix it soon, which explains why it has been going on for well over a month, with no response ... even though the code fix should be pretty trivial (it amounts to adding "if (mob.level < GATING_LEVEL) return" to the mob-gate-casting code).

What I'm trying to say is this likely will get fixed at some point, because it is unclassic ... but I wouldn't expect it soon, because it's not helping anyone (and therefore is lower priority).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-23-2021 at 01:39 PM..