View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 07:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also left for WoW classic when it came out. The content was just too easy and the only reason to get better gear was to flex on my guild mates. We rolled through all of the content even as a semi casual guild. It all felt like an MMO with training wheels. The PvE in WoW live is far more difficult at the mythic raiding level than classic can offer.

So that why I left WoW, but why p99? The PvE is challenging because mistakes are costly and the real challenge is the guild you’re lining up against. Mob scarcity means item scarcity which means loot holds its value. The mechanics in this game are actually pretty complex compared to any other MMO I have played. Sure, there are many classes that can just spam one or two buttons to do their job, but under the hood there is a ton to learn.
I would argue the content in p99 is just as easy if not more so since almost all fights are tank and spank. You definitely have a point on the death consequences being higher in p99 than in WoW and I think overall I agree with the point you're making.

I hope the end game is competitive again, it's really a fun part of the game and what used to set project 1999 apart from TAKP or w/e other EQ emulators are out there. When I left the content required an excessive amount of raiders which killed all the small guilds unfortunately.