Thread: Home Ownership
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had concerningly good returns in my 401k in the last 6 years, hopefully that doesn't all disappear.
The crash from the depression, among other things, came from people investing too much into a market that seemed to have no ceiling, so the stocks will keep going up and up, oh wait....

This was in itself creating a market, for itself, and it kept going up and up, until like all MLMs it hit a plateau and it all came crashing down....

Compared to today, where we know about all that and dont make the same mistake twice...

EXCEPT that we just invented a brand new digital global market... that seems to have no celling, so the stocks will keep going up and up oh wait.... see the above bolded text...

Basically I think once we hit a cap on this new global market (which we are either close to, or far from) then we will see the next crash.

So much of the boom we've had in the last 20 years is a result of the internet and mobile phones, and giving billions of users access to all kinds of demographics and markets they were previously not able to hit.. sooner or later those markets are going to dry up and the house of cards we built around it will collapse, that's what I think.