View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 10:20 AM
Skeleton

In my opinion, the first character on a fresh start should be the non-gear-dependent money maker. Your second character will ultimately be your main, decked out with necessary equipment that will save time and anguish.

In your circumstance, it sounds like ranger will be your main. They are fun, but as I'm sure you're aware, almost all melee classes start off slow and vulnerable. No movement or attack speed enhancements, limited regeneration, and other slow-me-downs that make everquest a massive time sink (yet strangely rewarding!).

Consider starting with a necro, druid, enchanter, or other self-reliant class which does not *really* depend on equipment or groups to level up. When you are high enough level to farm some cash camps, get your needed wealth and start buying equipment for your main.

Not only will you have a better understanding of where to go as you level (popular hot spots for grouping or soloing), but I guarantee you will have more fun in the early levels.

Thats what I did when I started on blue years ago, and thats what I recommend you do as well.