View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 06:53 AM
Planar Protector

Found another post about the new raw silk armor from eqbards. I am pretty sure the silk swatch recipe was new as well, which would make sense. So that will need to be era ruled too.

Quote:
Date: Fri Sep 17 23:37:39 BST 1999
Author: TommyC
Subject: OFF-TOPIC also SPOILERnew silk armor

Around 8:00 pm est I was told by a Cleric named Archurian how to make raw-silk armor. This is the first person I have heard of to make the armor so I give credit to him =). Here is how to do it. You will need a large sewing kit and a skill lvl of 20 (hehe this is real easy stuff to make) and some spider silk. First you take spider silk (not spiderling silk you need to get this silk from there full grown brothers). Now you take 2 spider silks and put it in your large sewing kit. Hit combine you will get a silk swatch (this was trivial to me at skill lvl 25) now that you have the silk swatch you take that and put it the large sewing kit with the pattern of your choice. Hit combine and whalla. You get a raw-silk item =) easy right? Tunic/Robes and pants take 2 swatches to make all others take 1. The items can be worn by the pure magic classes and monks. due to there low wt. they are good for both groups. They have one ac over cloth so they are really only good for low to mid lvl. The robe that you make looks like a light brown (like the thurm robe). None of the garments have any magic stats on them. I have been charging about a plat for each garment and 2pp for robe and pants.. I have been selling everything I make to hehe. Due to the low lvl of skill needed to make the armor I don't think you can charge much more then that. I would encourage each of you to tell as many people as you can on how to make silk. I think that if we have a free flow of information we will quickly be able to figure out what Verant made with this patch =).

https://github.com/dbsanfte/eq-archi...html/6763.html
I see references to spider silk and spiderling silk pretty much from EQ Launch so those drops are ok and do not need era rules:

https://github.com/dbsanfte/eq-archi.../html/234.html
Last edited by Dolalin; 09-04-2021 at 06:59 AM..