View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Hello!

What level are you currently?

Below 20, there are a few quests that will help you gain experience and really help your wallet with plat. Spells get expensive very quickly in classic EQ.

Gnoll Fangs This is around Qeynos. Be sure to do the turn in in Qeynos and then turn in the Moonstones you get to balance your faction or the corrupt guards in Qeynos will attack you.

Rabid Grizzlies - There are two spawns for these in Qeynos Hills that can be either a Grizzly or a brown bear on a 7ish minute timer. Each skin turned in gets you about 4p. Be sure to turn in one at a time.

Rabid Wolves - There are a few spawns for this and the place holder can be a gray or grey wolf and brown bears. Each turn in gets a small amount of coin and experience. If you are doing grizzlies these aren't worth it because the skins are heavy. Wiki isn't necessarily correct for the spawns.

Putrid Skeletons - There are two spawns for these in Qeynos Hills and they have no place holder but the rib bone is about a 30% drop rate.

Lightstones - You will need a magic weapon to melee these or you can nuke them. I usually just sell the Lightstones and save the Greater Lightstones. Each turn in gets you experience and a container that can be sold for about 10p. You can kill the 4ish spawns around Qeynos Hills while you run around looking for Gnoll Fangs and Rabid grizzlies and wolves. If you want to get crazy with it you can go to Erud's crossing (take the boat from Qeynos to Erudin, I like to bind at the dock in Qeynos) which has about 11 spawns of Willowisps you can fight and there is a merchant to sell to. On an alt recently I grabbed about 30 GLS here while gaining 2 levels then I ran to the gypsy in NK and turned them in for another 1.5 levels and about 300p.

Bandit Sashes - I usually skip this one because it greens out in the early teens and you need harmony or calm because the bandits are really close together. It is a great exp and money earner though. Each turn in gets you a bronze weapon you can sell and the bandits drop bronze weapons as well.

If you grind all these out you can hit 18-20 with a lot of plat in your pocket.