View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 05:14 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah see my open source post on the Green forums. Now that I have a family and children old enough to play EQ I don't need other players anymore just the source.

I just complain because that's what this forum is for. I'd never run a server not even a private one right now. A wise person told me to start less and finish more so I'm working on that.
If you want to fizzle/get interrupted more and play with family, wayfarers haven (formerly p2002) is a nice option. Melody, autofire and mouse zoom all work, and unlike on takp where I gather spells can be hard to come by, there is a copy of burnout IV for sale right now for 200p (see magelo.wayfarershaven.com). The server devs and GM's are super cool, process legit family IP exemptions efficiently and seem to welcome community support as they work towards rolling out GoD.

I still play on p99 here and there, but for my family group, with two young kids, WFH is awesome and gives you the choice to three box to fill out the group if you feel like it and ultimately to advance through LDoN runs. Toxics are promptly banned, and you can actually decide to do something meaningful, like the Lodi eyepatch quest in any given evening with fair odds that he will be sitting up/pathing around tofs when you drop into Iceclad.

At the end of the day, I still agree with those who feel that the best eq experience is when everyone is single boxing, but life is just too busy these days to watch my very finite free time evaporate while trying to put together a group, solicit a port etc.