View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Been playing for a couple of weeks, I'm just 35 now so I can't say for the high end but I've never really had trouble finding a group when I was looking for one. It's been my experience that while the server is probably more top heavy there are lots of people at all level ranges. I've grouped with lots of alts but also a suprisingly high number of new to the server players.

I would suggest joining a leveling guild to have contact with other people around your level who are forming groups.

You should also probably play what ever class you would have the most fun with. I have a Wiz and a Rogue. If you read the forums the Wiz has some stigma with it because mana regen sucks and sustainable dps suffers. Despite this I have never had trouble getting a group, this may change when I get to a higher level /shrug. I do however do my best to not be a drag on the group. I buy crack before joining groups, and I group with classes that enhance mana regen, or group with other kiting classes to tackle higher level mobs. I also make use of my other non-nuke spells for utility and manage mana so I can burn mobs when necessary.

I will also point out though that I do spend a lot of time soloing, by choice, because I don't have to wait for anyone else to get started xping and get to afk whenever I want. This is helpful with having kids and all that. I enjoy wizards, a lot of people don't.

SKs are good tanks and bards are great for groups or solo. They both have an xp penalty that some people once again on the forums say impacts their group choice. I haven't seen this in my experience so far /shrug.

As Ektar said a lot of people are older. The game did come out 12 years ago and the high majority of the people who play now played on live. A smaller percentage are friends of people who played on live or just started now. There is also a few people who I have run into who are children of people who played on live so are younger.