Thread: Game Mechanics: Make Quillmane Classic Again
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not for you to decide. Your opinion on what is classic is irrelevant. You cannot achieve a "classic" feel for a game where everyone knows how the game works and has 20 years experience with it. You can't gatekeep that. It's impossible to put the toothpaste back in the tube. You can only make sure it has accurate classic mechanics and let people experience it how they will.

Every single change made on these servers with the point of making a more "classic feel" is trash. It's impossible to replicate how Everquest felt to us and our experiences with it from back in era. It's just not possible without completely diluting and ruining how the game functions. We've already seen these servers ruined in innumerable ways because the devs try to gatekeep how we're supposed to experience certain content and it ends up with 5 people happy and the other 99.999999% of the player base rightfully upset that the game no longer functions as it did in era.

Please end this charade of changing things to be more "classic feeling" at the expense of true classic mechanics. It makes everything worse.

?? Who ever said it was for me to decide lol, I'm just a forum poster talking about how I think things should be. What changes are you referring to that have been trash?

I can remember a few downgrades that I have not enjoyed.

1. Spell lists. I just started using spell lists for the first time in my life the day before they nerfed them here
2. Compass. It's just easier seeing a compass rather than having a hotkey for sense heading.
3. Racial hide. Used to function like rogue hide so was hide vs all including undead, but nerfed to classic hide vs living only
4. Night blindness. This one is not a nerf but a retro change that sucks because its trying to force something that isn't there anymore and the experience is not classic enough to be good. This is a point that I would totally agree on being "for classic feels" but being kinda fucked up.

Regarding 99.99999 percent being unhappy, thats definitely not true.

5 percent love it and care, 5 percent hate it and care, the other 90 percent don't really care and still enjoy the game. You and I and probably a lot of the people on the messageboards are probably the whiney types in the 5 percent on either side of any change.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 12-10-2021 at 08:08 PM..