Thread: P99 Open source
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much. I want to login and not have fun. I'd like to come home from school, login, be unable to get a group for an hour, finally get an invite "if I can make it down", die from a mob spawning on me while I try to cast root over and over and a group is standing right there watching, I say, "Please help?" but they don't care, finally I get my root cast off but its resisted, "FUCKING HELP" I yell, but still they don't care, I get another root cast off and it lands, yes! I back up and consider if I should just gate and run back here for another hour, I bet I can solo this one blue mob, right? Oh no! My root broke already, the group comes and hits the mob once right as I die. I spent an hour running back anyway and have lost 4 hours of experience.

I collect my shit, dying another time in the process from a sand giant on the other side of a zone line who kills me before I even finish loading, and decide I might as well just go solo. I run around for another 2 hours finding that all the hot solo spots are taken before I decide to try a new spot of my own creation. I die again when I almost killed the mob but things looked a bit iffy and I decided to risk it only to try running to the nearby safe zone line but right I as reach it I get hit again and my run speed slows to a walk. I'm side strafing and jumping and oh no! I went THROUGH the zone but it didn't zone me! I die on the other side of the zone line in a dead end cave I'm not supposed to be able to see.

I get a tell, someone wants me to join the group back in that dungeon, yes! I tell them I'll be there in 2 hours after I get my corpse and run back. I get there and the group is gone. The person that messaged me isn't even in the zone anymore. "Oh sorry I forgot" they say. I spend another hour trying to find a group and now it's 4am and I need to get ready to go back to school so I can go to bed in class. I've lost half a level. Pretty good progress for the night.
That's the spirit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]