View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a little confused here. Why do people think this will be charm boost? I know someone posted an anecdote about their time on TAKP, but still no one has explained how the mechanics are going to change, so this will boost charm abilities. They're going to remove the 3rd check on enchanter charms. Having higher charisma helps to boost charm duration by giving enchanters that 3rd extra saving roll to prevent charm from breaking earlier. How exactly will removing that make charms last longer?
So basically once an NPC gets within a specific level range to you, the effectiveness of charm sharply drops and the difficulty and skill required to keep the mob under control sharply increases.

It's been awhile since I've done this, but for a level 60 chanter it's something like 53-54? Usually noticed it when the mob gets into the level range to summon.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, this would mean that those borderline mobs specifically suddenly become much easier to manage because of the +4 level modifier you get.

I believe CHA as a modifier has the least impact on charm, after that is MR, and finally Level being the largest factor.

This could potentially slightly impact blue cons that are not in that level range... but those are easy to handle regardless.
Last edited by -Catherin-; 01-20-2022 at 10:24 AM..