View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be truthful, I'm not sure you are understanding the argument that OP is making. If I am the one who is misunderstanding then I am open to being corrected here. However, the argument presented says that certain individuals do not conform to statistical distributions of reaction times across all the races in their dataset. The chances of this being possible to do without cheating is very very improbable. Everyone else conforms to the data set except a person known to be using 3rd part autostart software (Kickinit) and people whose reaction times are so similar as to be statistically indistinguishable as his. Everyone else conforms to the distribution we expect.
I understand the argument completely[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The top three racers on the server could simply be benefiting from low ping due to factors like proximity to the P99 server. OP has zero proof against this possibility, so his argument falls apart.

If the top three racers are good at the race AND have a generally low ping, they are going to win most of the time.