View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that there is an error in this logic. The idea that anything in the real world is completely provable is false. If we assume for the moment that the video in question contains no methodological or calculation errors and we compared that to a hypothetical admission of guilt from the accused parties then the statistical argument presented in the video is still more valid than the admission of guilt. This is because human testimony is a terrible source of information that is generally avoided in favor of empirical data.

All we can ever have is evidence not proof and assuming no methodological or calculation errors in that presentation then the author has moved the bar from something like 99.9% to 99.999%. If you set the bar at 100% then you have asked for the bar of proof to be set so high nobody can ever achieve it. This is bad for a server that promises a fair raid scene and impartial staff. (I'm not saying that staff are not these things just pointing it out) Everyone here including Vanquish should have a vested interest in the server maintaining its integrity.

As stated in the video, this kind of analysis in speed running is done with direct input logs of when buttons were pressed. The devs of the server presumably don't have access to that level of information about the users of p99. For this server to have any integrity in the raid the burden of reasonable doubt not absolute proof needs to be used.

If we use the burden of reasonable doubt then the accused look guilty af.

That being said, I'm bias so if you want to prove it wrong go poke actual objective holes in his analysis instead of hand waving lag from the monitor to the whatever whatever whatever. Provide a counter example where you use his methodology and produce provably honest reaction times that contradict his claims.
wut.

Isn't that all OP provided here? Some false correlations and hand waving?

The only thing supporting his point of view that what he's saying is true is that he wants it to be true.

I don't have to prove anything false. His argument is fucking bullshit, and the fact that GMs haven't made any changes based on the video indicates to me that they agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The racers with the lowest latency has the biggest advantage. If I had to guess other factors are at play here as well such as read write speeds on the I/O. The game is writing that 900+ random to a log file that then needs to be read by the 3rd party software so delays here might be significant or not. None of that negates the use of cheat software. The claim being made by the OP that they are cheating and I'm pointing out that extra sources of lag on his computer alone does not exonerate them from that accusation. The other racers all fell within that statistical distribution dataset from humanbenchmark.com.

The argument presented here is looking at statistical distributions of the reaction times of racers (not just the accused). The OP has controlled for the major and obvious sources of latency and mechanical lag to the user as best as he can. When we do this over multiple races we can see a pattern of inhuman reaction times emerging.

If this was about 1 time then it would be an anomaly. It's the fact that it repeatedly happens time and time again is the accusation. Statistically he should fall further back in that distribution across multiple races. It's always possible that the OP cherrypicked the data which is why a more formalized accusation would be nice to see.

However, even if the OP cherrypicked the data then we are meant to believe that multiple people who have world class Olympian level reaction times all play classic everquest, are very unusually much older than normal for people with these sorts of reaction times, and all play in vanquish. (I assume nobody in riot has been caught doing this but if they are caught everyone should be banned).

I'm skeptical af about that being true. However, I'm not an expert in these things and this is just my understanding of what was presented.
It can't be that he's better than them, nah. NAH.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.