Thread: Power of Fire
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I've heard someone say getting the mage epic on p99 is an incredible unlikelihood and one person cited the fact that on blue you just don't see ANY mages walking around with their epic.

I think what people are forgetting (or never realized) is that the mage epic weapon is temporary. The actual reward is a spell that you scribe into your book, which when cast, summons the mage epic weapon, which has 1 charge of Summon Awesome Pet. And as mage summoned items are wont to do, it poofs when you log. So, no, you're not going to see mages running around with their epic weapon in their hand, unless you're in a group with said mage.

So good luck on your epic quest, may the gods of Norrath smile on you in your travels.
It has (almost) nothing to do with that.

The mage epic is gatekept by Magi pasta, who only spawns once every 3 days or so, and often doesn't even drop the epic piece.

As a result, a server only sees maybe one new mage epic a week, if that, and it only goes to the top mages in the top guilds (only they have "bot" characters and teams of players logging into them to track pasta during his crazy long spawn window).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.