View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

My necro was the most fun character I leveled, but it didn't kick into gear until 50ish. Once you can charm, pull, be the group healer, all at once, it's a blast.

The class basically changes entirely at 49+.

How twinked are you? Are you in a raid guild? If so, I'd do everything in your power to get a Soul Well staff from VP. It's much better than epic (though you definitely want epic too) and will play a part in how you play. Considering picking some Staves of Undead Legons and Tolapumj Robes for pet gear later.

Consider getting powerleveled to at least 34. I believe that's when you get the first decent Lich spell. I leveled in HighKeep until the early 40's, then went to Guk and did a lot of reverse charming. It was very handy in learning how to charm well later on.

Always keep up Manaskin. When you twink, lean towards resists. Velium BD bracers, Stone of Morid, etc. If you get one big ticket item make it prenerf CoS for sure, then ZHeart.

50+, everything changes. You can go to KC basement and basically be a one man show in groups. Charm a pet, heal with Shadowbond and Pact of Shadow, use Soul Bond or Vexing Mordinia to heal yourself, pull with Lull, handle charm breaks by FDing and instantly standing and ST or just recharm. If you prefer to solo, HS is great for the challenge. It will make you a better player. Just remember that when you're solo you have to reverse charm. ie - don't kill stuff with your pet. Root the enemy and break charm before it dies. (pre-nerf CoS is big for this) Then finish them both off.