View Single Post
Old 04-11-2022, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The journey you describe is reminiscent of the less-drastic, casualty-filled, transcontinental trip from Teldrassil to Stormwind City back in the classic WoW days. Journeying through zones 10-20 levels above me was perilous, but only losing gear durability upon death made it a simple matter of time and money. Can't say WoW managed to build such different cultures in each starting zone, though. That's amazing!
WoW was not quite the same though. There's a certain atmosphere to Everquest zones that no other MMORPG has quite captured yet. Starting for the first time ever in Greater Faydark is a much different experience than starting in Qeynos or Grobb.

Kunark is even more of a difference. Big city, bit confusing to traverse, four newbie zones, and it has a totally different feel than classic Everquest.

You'll have to make an elf in Kelethin or Felwithe to know what I mean. I don't think you can have a true newbie Everquest experience without falling off Kelethin lol.