View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 08:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, it's not that simple. Your advice, though well-meaning, might be unintentionally bad. I've been here a lot longer than you have and my wife and I have to think, "Might this look like boxing to someone else?" pretty much every time we log on. We don't feel free to use auto-follow. We couldn't even let our daughter on here for a number of years out of concern she was (then) too young to read and follow GM instructions, if needed. Truth be told, if we played normally we'd probably have earned a ban years ago because certain classes (hello Cleric!), played normally, can be hard to distinguish from boxing. On such classes the wife has to go out of her way doing stuff like getting up and melee'ing specifically so an invisible third-party observer can see that, yes, there's a human there. I advise anyone else to do the same.

Granted, doing the above we've never had any trouble with the staff here, and indeed in the case described earlier in the thread the individual players *weren't* taking such measures. Also granted EQ-EMU has a well-deserved reputation for harboring a large proportion of cheaters who care nothing for rules or server health, hence enforcement has to be strict because the honor system doesn't work for people who have none. There's no easy answer to that problem.

Danth
No no no. P99 staff is omnipresent and has never made a mistake and no sane human being could ever question that they might at some point make an error and punish someone unfairly. Don't be a silly goose!

Sarcasm obviously. Loramin didn't just sip the kool-aid he shotgunned the pitcher.

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?