View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seal Team what are you going to do about this behavior? Thats pretty low class forreal.
Can confirm Wraz still in ST today. Camping fungi, albeit more legitimately.

The issue I really have is if you don't care about other people's opinions of you, why wouldn't you run a play like that? Obviously the worst that happened was a slap on the wrist if he's up and running the next day. Don't get me wrong I'm very happy the staff made him leave, but there's really nothing keeping somebody from TRYING to steal a camp as long as they come up with a BS enough reason. Worst that happens is you're asked to leave and you can pull that move again on somebody else later. Even if it only works 10% of the time, that's still value, right?

It feels like a similar argument that when on a few years ago in the Pro Magic: the Gathering scene as a result of a known cheater getting essentially the maximum amount of warnings per tournament for gameplay violations. Like, if you know the punishment is minimal why wouldn't you run the play, even if it's against the rules?

In this instance, it also frazzled our group. Fungi is a tough camp to hold, and we had members needing EXP too so we were doing regular pulls. During the 15 mins we were arguing in OOC, we almost wiped. It's tough to keep on top of your game when you're angry, worried, etc. So sometimes just showing up and THREATENING to take a camp could be enough to destabilize the players enough that they mess up and die and you win and get their camp.

It's all pretty gross, but food for thought.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.