View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 08:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Caster classes soloing was definitely classic but you're not going to get the best gear or experience the best content like that, and even for leveling purposes it's often best to duo anyway, so I don't see the point in rating soloing as such a hugely important thing.
I'm talking about the degree to which it is done. I'm not saying it wasn't possible to solo, I'm saying it's far more prevalent for people to be soloing in P99 (and also just duo/trio instead of full group) than it was in classic. I played enchanter also in classic and you could not solo nearly as easily as you can today in P99. The difference in internet connectivity alone makes a huge difference for your ability to react to charm breaks. Having audio triggers and timers through programs like GINA also makes a gigantic difference. In P99, every single Enchanter is stacking as much CHA as they can from the get go, all are getting JBoots and goblin rings - this wasn't the case in live. And it's just completely different cultures and game knowledge between classic and P99 today.