View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but I'm not just trying to convince him.

My point was, there's a bunch of Enchanter players who will not be convinced, no matter what I say, just as there was a lot of melee players who would not be convinced, no matter what evidence was presented, that combat bind wounds was unclassic.
Convinced of what, exactly? I don't know a single person/enchanter/poster who claims that the rate at which enchanters charm, both solo/grouping, as anywhere near the same rates it was during the classic time period. The fact is there were still in fact plenty of enchanters doing it, which you have already begrudgingly admitted, making this entirely unlike this red herring thats is bind wound that never happened in classic at all. Apples versus bowling balls.

the typical population of enchanters for most of classic was around 5-7% percent of the server, in vanillla on some servers it was as low as 2-3%. The population on p99 is, what? 30%? which is to say relative to classic you will be seeing enchanters doing anhything and everything from 500% more often to 1000% greater frequency.Mystery explained.

But the real question in all of this as I've asked you many times before and you conveniently ignore it, if you are so concerned about non classic RATES of behaviors, why do you have no issue with torpor soloing shaman or bard swarm kiting. anywhere around 10-15% of enchanters in classic were playing just as they do on p99 by mid kunark, while the percent of bards that where swaming dozens of mobs or shman torpor soloing high end obs : 0.0000000000000000001%. Why the bias, bro?