View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the typical population of enchanters for most of classic was around 5-7% percent of the server, in vanillla on some servers it was as low as 2-3%. The population on p99 is, what? 30%? which is to say relative to classic you will be seeing enchanters doing anhything and everything from 500% more often to 1000% greater frequency.Mystery explained.
To me, that reads like an argument that our server is highly unclassic! In other words, because our emulator emulates Enchanters poorly, lots more people choose them than they would if our emulator was accurate. Thank you for the support [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or, like I keep saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I know is that a Street Fighter II emulator where no one wants to Dragon Punch with Ryu is not a good emulator. You don't have to know anything about how damage works in Street Fighter II to know that: if you played the arcade game back in the day, you know Ryu players want to Dragon Punch.
(Only your point is reversed, so it's more like, if 3% of players played Ryu, and now 30% do on the emulator, that suggests the emulator made Dragon Punch too powerful.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But the real question in all of this as I've asked you many times before and you conveniently ignore it, if you are so concerned about non classic RATES of behaviors, why do you have no issue with torpor soloing shaman or bard swarm kiting. anywhere around 10-15% of enchanters in classic were playing just as they do on p99 by mid kunark, while the percent of bards that where swaming dozens of mobs or shman torpor soloing high end obs : 0.0000000000000000001%. Why the bias, bro?
Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But again, people doing crazy stuff at the end of the game (when we have way more time than live people did) is very different from one class (and only one class) being played differently their entire leveling life.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-09-2022 at 09:04 PM..