View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
. I'm pretty sure Lull got crit resisted more frequently in actual classic than it does here. I remember an Enchanter friend complaining about how much that happened and how frustrating it was to watch Rangers be able to Harmony with no danger in a bunch of zones as compared to Lull
I'm with you there, I played a paladin throughout that era and the lull spell line sucked no matter how much charisma you stacked.

Verant massively nerfed lull, utterly crippled the spell, a few months after EQ opened. They gave it a greatly increased, hugely inflatwed resist rate. It rendered the entire line practically useless except for use against very low blues and greens. Later on, during I think Luclin era, that nerf was reverted and the spell line was revamped; P1999, being based off PoP-era EQ-EMU, to my knowledge never truly implemented lull spells with their classic resist rates. The classic lull nerf was done host-side so it never showed up in the spelldata files that P99 tends to use as primary evidence.

Danth